Shades of Grey combines award-winning tattoo artists in an upscale, gallery-esque setting.
Located conveniently in the heart of Old Strathcona on Whyte Avenue, Shades of Grey is poised to provide you with an experience unlike any other you’ve encountered in a tattoo studio.
Shades of Grey Studio Guidelines for COVID-19
We are ready to get back into action! But things aren’t quite what they used to be and everyone’s health and safety during the time of Covid is our utmost priority. So, in conjunction with our friends at the Alberta Alliance for Safe Body Art and under the guidelines of Alberta Health Services, we’ve made some studio changes to help keep everyone safe.
Here are our new shop guidelines for clients coming in to get tattooed. Please read them carefully:
- The studio is only accessible by appointment only.
- We are no longer accepting “walk-in” clients.
- If possible, please contact your artist directly either via Instagram DM or email to book appointments. If you do not know who you’d like to be tattooed by or if you do no have the contact info for the artist you’d like to book with, please email us and we’ll help you out.
- Clients and artists must wear masks in the studio at all times. Please bring your own. If you don’t have one, you can purchase one from us for $5.
- Cleanliness is next to godliness. We will have hand sanitizer available for clients entering the studio and have handwashing options available.
- You will be asked to remove your shoes. Please ensure you’re wearing socks.
- Please come by yourself. No friends, family or spectators will be allowed to attend your appointment with you.
- Food and drink is no longer permitted in the studio.
- Consultations will be done virtually.
- If you have any flu like symptoms or have had in the past 14 days, please reschedule your appointment.
Shades of Grey has always employed a rigorous standard of cleanliness in the studio but we will be taking even more time to clean communal spaces and surfaces in between appointments to help keep everyone safe and healthy.